Sunday, November 4, 2007

Active.com can burn in hell

While attempting to register for IMFL today on the last page of registration where you hit submit so that they can charge your credit card, I hit submit and the page times out. I try to go back and hit submit again and it punts me out of the system and asks me to login again. I login again and try to register again from the beginning and guess what its god-damn full! ACTIVE.COM CAN GO BURN IN A FIREY HELL. I know there may be community fund slots but being a college senior graduating in May I barely have enough money to allow myself to register and train never mind and extra 500 sitting around to give to charity. There goes all of my goals for next race season, all of the planning I had done to get myself ready to compete at that distance, out the window say good bye. F%&K!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a look at this site.
http://thebikeguides.blogspot.com/

Mike said...

Take a look at www.140dot6.com .... it might be your answer

Anonymous said...

Don't give up on the dream. You could check out some iron distance non-branded races. http://www.tricolumbia.org/chesapeakeman.asp
This race is run on the same land as the Eagleman 70.3 and is in late September so it may fit with your original training plans. I can understand the visceral draw of the ironman branded race as I decided that my first had to be with NA sports (M-dot). If you too have decided that your first be an M-dot race and you can't pony up or beg/borrow/raise the extra 5 benjamins, then you should seriously consider traveling to the race in 2008 and volunteering: as volunteers get first dibs at on-site registration. I think that as time goes on and this sport gains popularity, online registration for Mdot races will no longer happen and folks will have to be onsite (and in line 2 hours early) to get a spot. Kinda sucks, but I think thats the way this sport is going. See this for NA sports new official sign up policy: http://www.nasports.com/news/fullstory.php?storyid=778

Anonymous said...

Don't give up on the dream. IMNA just opened ANOTHER ironman Arizona in November (11/23/08). I just checked: only 8 entries so far. www.ironmanarizona.com

Wes said...

What's the word there IMC? You get into IM AZ - November or not?

Catalyst said...

the word is not Ironman in 2008 for me, its just not in the plan now, new post describing the plan posted today