Saturday, June 2, 2007

One month to go...

So ya here it comes, 5 months of training down and 1 month to go before the race, all I have to say is this is getting crazy. I bought the shoes I am going to be running the race for because I ran all the way through my old ones and that killed my knees and feet so I am glad to be in some new shoes. They are the Brooks Adrenaline if you were curious. My training is going really well right now and I am having this strange nervous/excited feeling throughout the entire week, even when just sitting at the desk or playing with chemicals in the lab. All I can think about is this race and now I am looking at planning the rest of my season I have no idea what I will be able to do because registration is closing all around for every race that I look at.

Today my brick went really well I was able to keep above an 18 pace the entire time (95 minutes) and then the run was 4.75 mi in 45 minutes so not as fast as I wanted to be but breaking in new shoes did slow me down I think. It was really fun today to get comments like you are crazy and how can you be smiling going along like this, all I could say is that I love what I am doing and can no longer see myself doing anything else.

I am currently listening to and catching up on the GYGO podcasts so I am going to get back to that but as for now train safe and race hard.

No comments: