Saturday, July 14, 2007

ya so i havent been around

Ya so alot had been going on since my racew which was fantastic I wanted to post a race report but the time for that has really come and gone. I finished my first half-ironman ever in 6:33:36 and that set of numbers is something that will stick with me forever. I rode in the MS 150 last weekend which was a blast and something that anyone can really do. I have decided that the next step along my road to becoming iron is to run a marathon. And what better time to train for one than when I am in great physical condition with a solid base already. The marathon I will most likely be racing in is the Quad Cities Marathon on September 23rd. 10 weeks from tomorrow. People keep asking me if I will be ready and I just look at them smile and say the plan will get me there I have to trust it. It really isnt about the race anyways, it is about the training. Putting in the long hours and early weekend morning when I have friends who are finishing their last beer as I hit the pavement to go run. Its about loving what I am doing not just for the physical changes but for the mental changes. I have written alot that I have changed and tonight I realized that alot people outside of this world of endurance sport just dont get what it takes and what it means to each one of us individually. Cest le vie.

So here are my next steps goals and stretches:
Finish the marathon, stretch - 4 hours
192lbs, stretch - 185lbs

Have a good one everyone, I am trying to update more but my computer is broken so I am updating from my friends right now.

No comments: