Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Year horrible off season

So my off season fell apart and well I know I can make all sorts of different excuses but none of them are even going to begin to justify it to myself. I know i screwed up, I did not make the time or the effort to keep myself at the fitness level I was at. I am now officially registered for the Patriot Triathlon on July 5th of this year, it is a half-iron distance tri, out of Freetown, MA. I raced it last year and am looking to really improve my time. I know the spring holds a lot of interesting opportunities for me: I am now on the cycling team at school so that means I will have the opportunity to race about 8 weekends this spring if I want to. I also am looking for a marathon to run in the April to May time frame, there is a half marathon run on campus in the spring along with countless 5Ks which I am sure I will run a fair amount of. And lastly the biggest opportunity, I graduate this spring and move on to an actual career. I already have a job so i do not need to worry about that which is wicked nice, and I also know that I have about 2 months off before my half ironman in which I am going to have nothing else to do except train (very giddy about that). I am planning on being much better with this blog, updating on a daily basis even if it is just something as simple as today's workouts are gonna suck or something like that. For now I am off to the gym shortly to build my stamina back up which I do not think will take to long, the hardest part is going to be burning off the weight I added, about 10 lbs. So for now I will catch you later, maybe even running outside it is gorgeous out again today.

No comments: