Saturday, May 5, 2007

First Brick, First Entry

This is my first entry to a blog that will hopefully be updated on a fairly regular basis. This is my rookie season and I am currently only scheduled for one race and am trying to find another few and possibly a marathon. My first race is the Patriot Half-Ironman in Freetown, MA on July 1st and I cannot wait. I have been training for this race since the 1st week in January. Having knee surgery last summer where the majority of the meniscus in my right knee was removed due to a severe snowboard crash the winter before. Rehab and training has really pushed me to the next level and now I can't imagine life without training, my friends call me pshycotic because of the schedule I keep in college waking up at 6 am or earlier to workout is just beyond the thought of most people.

With the race only a few weeks away today was my first brick. I was extremely nervous going into it not sure if I was going to be able to actually complete it but I did with a pretty solid pace for myself too. 90 minutes of riding, followed by 30 minutes of running. I feel surprisingly loose and not tired for having finished only a few hours ago.

This coming week is finals week for this semester so I am hoping that I will be able to stay on top of my training. I also move to Cincinnati next weekend so that means finding new routes and hopefully new people to train with. Anyone who happens to read this that is in that area let me know. Also anyone who has advice for a rookie especially for transitions and making sure I don't get DQed in my first race. Any help would be great. Thanks.

No comments: