Sunday, May 20, 2007

Quikie

So now that I get up at 5 every morning I am trying to get to bed earlier to get as much sleep as possible. That is why this update will be quick. Today was nice and relaxing, after waking up I took my time to stretch and try to plan out the run I was going to take. I also finally decided to get my GPS for my watch working to keep a more consistent pace and distance. Today's run was 90 minutes of hills up and down it was a blast I love feeling the burn in my quads and knowing that I am working for every step that I take. I thought I would have about a 10 minute pace but it turns out I was feeling good enough to push it down to a 9:30 pace which means 9.5 miles in 90 minutes and I am happy with that. Training is ramping up again this week as we inch closer and closer to race day. Anyone have any advice for this rookie I could use some?

BTW congratulations to all of my friends who graduated from Notre Dame, it is going to be weird without you there next year.

No comments: