Thursday, May 10, 2007

I am Senior now?

After posting last night instead of studying intently and getting ready for my exam this morning, I started to think about the fact that after this test I will be a Senior in college. Not just in college at the University of Notre Dame! It has been my dream since I was about 8 to go here and well I didn't get in the first try, I was able to transfer in to start my sophomore year and it has been a dream come true. The back of our transfer orientation shirts really sums it up, it is a quote from the movie Rudy "I have been ready for this my whole life." This has been the most indescribable experience I have ever had in my life and it truly has put me on track for becoming the person I want to be. With one year left under the golden lady, unless I decide for grad school to delay the real world, I am going to have to truly make the best of it. So while it is kinda depressing that I only have one year left, the rest of the feelings that I have about my senior year are like what I think I will have when I am warming up for my race in under two months, nervous, scared, excited, and confident that I will leave everything on the course and hope that it gives me back even more in experience, wisdom, knowledge and accomplishment.

Okay enough about my other thoughts, now it is time to talk about training. The past two mornings I have been wicked congested so I have not even bothered to go after the pool, like I had planned, instead I hopped on the elliptical and just stayed loose. I am planning on waking up tomorrow morning and running for about 45 minutes to an hour just to get back into it and probably if the beach does not happen go ride for an hour or two, depends on how many hills I am looking to do. I really should not be complaining about hill after reading the blogs of people like Kahuna, IronWil, CurlySu, RuralGirl and Everyman, who competed at Wildflower this weekend and by all accounts the course designers decided it would be fun to see how many people they could make walk a bike up a hill. From reading their entries though it has made me want to go to Wildflower, no matter how intense those hills are the community that goes with that race seems to be something that must be experienced and enjoyed.

Tonight I am looking into getting a coach and also at figuring out what are the other races that I am going to compete in this season, possibly an additional Half in the fall, still to be determined, a Full Ironman is on the most likely list for next year, I figure I am going to treat this sport like I have every other one in my life, Go Big, or Go Home. I know is may sound cliché but it makes me push myself to find new boundaries of what my body can do and then find ways to exceed them, and that is a beautiful thing. Hope everyone has had a good week.

No comments: