Sunday, May 27, 2007

Rough Weekend

This weekend is rough on me in two respects my training has not gone as planned and I really want to be at home on the Cape with the rest of my family and friends. It has become a tradition in the past couple years and missing it really sucks. The only good part about my training this weekend was my swim, I felt extremely good and efficient and my time showed it. Other than that my bike was at a really slow pace and I could not figure out why my body did just not want to get up to speed and go, it just plan refused to. My run today was not planned well and I tried to go 11 miles in the hot midday sun got dehydrated and had to turn back only doing about 6.5. Hopefully this will all get put behind me and this weeks training will be back to normal. That would be really nice considering five weeks from tonight we will know if I have what it takes to finish a half-ironman. The past 5 months of training have flown by and there are obvious changes in how I look and preform but I just cannot believe that it has been 5 months. It is all or nothing now, just have to find my rhythm and hit it in stride.

It is a possibility that I have found my marathon for this winter, the Disney Marathon in Florida. I was talking to Katie the other day and she is possibly interested in joining me for it which would be great to have someone training for the same event close by so that the long training runs do not have to be solo like they have been for this race. I also have tentatively signed up for the MS-150 charity ride the weekend after my race. Could be a mistake depending on how I feel but I think I should be able to live.

Okay for now I am going to go stretch and take something for me knee its kinda bugging me right now.

No comments: